The Naples Pier is located on the Gulf of Mexico at the West end of 12th Avenue South. Originally, it was built in 1888 as a freight and passenger dock. A fire in 1922 razed the pier. The Pier was rebuilt after Hurricane destruction in 1910, 1926, and 1960. Other hurricane damage has occurred over the years, but the public has come to its rescue each time with special funding for its repair. The Naples Pier remains a public symbol of the area’s history.